Stu Brew's take on classic cheese on toast. Creamy and heavy for a cold morning, the sharp salty cheese undercut with the deep mellow, almost nutty malt of Into the Black, leaves a warm peppery afterglow from the Worcestershire sauce dancing on the tongue. Add fresh tomatoes, spinach and rocket for a crackin' snack.
|Prep Time||5 mins|
|Cook Time||10 mins|
2 slices each
- 230 grams cheese A mix sharper cheeses like mature Wensleydale with a milder Cheddar makes the perfect combo.
- 4 tbsp Stu Brew's Into the Black
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Mustard Powder
- 1 tbsp (level) plain flour
- 1 tbsp Butter/Vegetable Oil
- A dash of Turmeric Don't go crazy, but this little hint will add a beautiful deep golden color to your dish!
- A bunch of Pepper
- A dash of paprika Smoked if you have it
- Add all the ingredients (except parmesan, paprika and turmeric) to a pan over a low hob. Stir well as the mixture melts into a creamy sauce. Add turmeric carefully, stiring between pinches untl you reach a golden brown flush (don't go too far or you may spoil the taste, probably no more than 1tsp will do).
- Whilst that's melting pop some toast in, and once that's on your plate, add spinach, rocket and fresh tomatoes (to taste obvs). Pour over a decent serving of the rarebit, then add a few more twists of pepper, salt-bae some parmesan and paprika over the top and chow down!
- You'll have most of the bottle of Into the Black to enjoy with your meal, it works a treat.