Stage & Degree: Stage 4 MEng Chemical Engineering with Process Control
- Manage firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com emails which are a first point of contact for student members, union, external company queries etc.
- Organise volunteers for brew days, running bars etc. as well as manage Health, Safety and Legal requirements of the University in relation to these events.
- Lead / take minutes for weekly Stu Brew committee meetings, ensuring follow up actions are met and agenda is up-to-date.
- Liaise with Sales teams to generate monthly stock emails / newsletters to pubs, bottles shops bars etc.
- Alongside all members of committee, ensure non-specific tasks are completed (such as cleaning & logistical tasks) or complete other role-specific tasks when committee members are unavailable.
Being part of the Stu Brew committee gives you the opportunity to develop valuable professional skills (teamwork, leadership, time management etc.) but on a project that's incredibly unique. The best part is it all ultimately revolves around beer, which is fun to make (and even better to drink!)Why did you get involved with Stu Brew?
I was interested in the idea of Stu Brew when it first started at the beginning of my degree, but since I didn't have much knowledge on brewing beer, I thought it wouldn't necessarily be for me. It wasn't until last year that I realised you didn't need to have any prior knowledge to get involved and that you could learn as you went on. I decided to go for secretary this year in order to really get involved with the society as well as get a worthy CV boost!Favourite Stu Brew Beer:
Textbook IPAFun Fact about yourself:
As part of Fresher's Crew this year, I dressed as a teacup for a week (which turned out to be a logistical nightmare)